vrijdag, december 12, 2003

International Law? I'd Better Start A Bombing Campaign! (President Jesus Bush Has A Laugh)

In some ways, the glee is reminiscent of a Hitlerian jig; President Jesus Bush wowing them over here in Europe with his gleeful Comedy Club compassion.

The Independent reports:

"George Bush poured fuel on the flames of the Iraq contracts dispute yesterday with a sneering dismissal of a suggestion by the German Chancellor that the decision to bar Germany, France Russia and Canada from bidding might violate international law.

"International law? I'd better call my lawyer," the American President joked in response to a reporter's question at the White House.



*****

More funny quotes from the Bush Fire Administration:

When a judge in Germany freed a 9/11 suspect after the German federal police had provided information, apparently taken from the interrogation of a top al Qaeda planner in U.S. custody, that the defendant had no advance knowledge of the plot, the United States naturally, piqued, (no Jesus Bush jigs over this one, I'm afraid):

As reported by the Washington Post,

"In Washington, Attorney General John D. Ashcroft told reporters that he was "disappointed that the case in Germany has taken the turn it has taken." He added that "fortunately, in the United States, we enjoy a legal structure which anticipates the need for protecting both national security and adjudicating the innocence or guilt of individuals who are charged."

Let that read, from the perspective of General Asscraft, "Fortunately in the United States, we enjoy a legal structure which allows us to ignore the legal rights of its own citizens and do, basically, anything we want to anyone we want to do it to, all in the hallowed name of the war on terrorism. Buaaahahah! Democracy, American-style!"

*****

While the halfwit population in America appears to have trebled over the course of the last several years, in England, Tony Blair is having such a hard go of it, he's now had to call upon his imaginary friend for love and companionship. Apparently, his relationship with President Jesus Bush is too bloody expensive. His visit to England a few weeks ago cost the British taxpayers £4.1 million.

Of course, in realistic terms, this means Bush's visit cost about 4 wars worth of cash.

*****

O Living Always, Always Dying
Walt Whitman


O living always, always dying!
O the burials of my past and present,
O me while I stride ahead, material, visible, imperious as ever;
O me, what I was for years, now dead, (I lament not, I am content;)
O to disengage myself from those corpses of me, which I turn and
look at where I cast them,
To pass on, (O living! always living!) and leave the corpses behind.





Geen opmerkingen: