donderdag, februari 03, 2005

Hey, Let's Celebrate! The Pope's Not Dead Yet!

You guessed it right. Like Generalísimo Francisco Franco, the Pope, Il Papa, just ain't dead yet.

We were hoping for it here at Desultory Turgescence but it's only because prematurely, we wish to direct you in the direction of:

Bush For Pope.

In the interim, whilst happy music and the State of the Union plays, the levity of Langston Hughes should suffice:

Morning After

I was so sick last night I
Didn't hardly know my mind.
So sick last night I
Didn't know my mind.
I drunk some bad licker that
Almost made me blind.

Had a dream last night I
Thought I was in hell.
I drempt last night I
Thought I was in hell.
Woke up and looked around me--
Babe, your mouth was open like a well.

I said, Baby! Baby!
Please don't snore so loud.
Baby! Please!
Please don't snore so loud.
You jest a little bit o' woman but you
Sound like a great big crowd.


--Langston Hughes

Geen opmerkingen: