dinsdag, mei 24, 2005

Happy Birthday Bob

In case you needed some ground rules, here is How To Celebrate Bob Dylan's Birthday.

And if you were curious, here is what was going on the day little Bob was born.

Naturally you can imagine the Hibbing Daily Tribune has something to say about the subject, where Bob Dylan's annual birthday bash starts Friday and runs through Tuesday.

Although a few days late, The Bob Dylan Show, a tribute band from Australia will perform with it’s all-star band in celebration of Bob Dylan’s Birthday at The Cat And Fiddle Hotel in Balmain on Saturday, May 28. Just enough time to fly down...

NPR's interview last year with Bob Dylan.

For the real freaks, there's the Bob Dylan Pool which tries to predict the songs he will play in concert. Pity there isn't a pool for predicting what percentage of the songs he sings will be coherent.

And of course, there's the Bob Dylan Coffee Mug Set, as if one coffee mug just wouldn't be enough...

If you hadn't heard about it: “Gilligan’s Island,” starring cartoon versions of Bob Dylan as Gilligan.

A collection of jokes he made on stage followed quickly by Bob Dylan quotes

None of which mentions Tangled Up In Jews.

We could do this all night kids, but enough's enough.

IF YOU SEE HER, SAY HELLO

If you see her, say hello, she might be in Tangier
She left here last early spring, is livin' there, I hear
Say for me that I'm all right though things get kind of slow
She might think that I've forgotten her, don't tell her it isn't so.

We had a falling-out, like lovers often will
And to think of how she left that night, it still brings me a chill
And though our separation, it pierced me to the heart
She still lives inside of me, we've never been apart.

If you get close to her, kiss her once for me
I always have respected her for busting out and gettin' free
Oh, whatever makes her happy, I won't stand in the way
Though the bitter taste still lingers on from the night I tried to make her stay.

I see a lot of people as I make the rounds
And I hear her name here and there as I go from town to town
And I've never gotten used to it, I've just learned to turn it off
Either I'm too sensitive or else I'm gettin' soft.

Sundown, yellow moon, I replay the past
I know every scene by heart, they all went by so fast
If she's passin' back this way, I'm not that hard to find
Tell her she can look me up if she's got the time.

Geen opmerkingen: